Top 13 Business Tips – ideas you may not have thought of.
- Carry your business cards with you everywhere, you never know who you might meet.
- Make everything you do look professional to encourage potential clients.
- It pays to have a professional looking website right at the start to create the right impression.
- Do regular competitor research. This will help you to see what others are offering so you can too.
- See what your competitors charge to help you fix your rates.
- Be flexible in what you offer. Not every client will want the same thing.
- Take the time to write your terms and conditions and ensure you clients agree to them before you agree to work with them. If you come across any problems during a project just refer back to the terms.
- If appropriate charge differently for different roles or services. Some basic services may not command the same fees as more complicated ones.
- Think of services you offer to upsell.
- Blog as regularly as you can (ideally once a week, if not twice a month). Add a link to your blog from Linkedin to encourage more website clicks and more potential clients.
- Network as much as you can in different areas.
- Send a newsletter at least once a month to promote what you do and link back to articles on your website.
If you are a small business and would like more advice on your marketing, please call me for an informal chat.