I started my business in 1995 (then VA Sussex), alongside bringing up our family. Then when my husband was made redundant, and start his own business too, we both learnt how to set up, build and run a business. We also learnt how to grow our contacts and secure new clients.
Now (2017) my business has evolved considerably. Experience has taught me how hard it can be to get your name out there, raise your profile and get clients. So now I am offering marketing services to fellow small businesses, which includes websites, social media and more latterly training.
Experience has taught me how important it is to keep marketing for your business going, even when business is good. Many business owners don’t take advice seriously, which is a recipe for failure.
I have a varied portfolio of clients from a wide range of industries, some sole traders, others are small businesses aiming to expand further. Some outsource their work to me and some have had one-to-one training along the way. Some female clients prefer to deal with a woman and many prefer to ‘support local’, which I do myself.
Fortunately I have built up an enviable skill set over the years, enabling me to offer an extensive range of quality services. My core skills are:
- Website copywriting and editing (writing engaging, persuasive words for business)
- Writing copy for SEO, enabling websites to achieve page one of searches
- Excellent, resourceful problem-solver. If I don’t know the answer I will ‘Google it’ or find it via my wide network of contacts.
- Experienced in raising profiles via Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Face-to-face computer training on many subjects.
- Building effective colleague relationships.
- Friendly, professional telephone manner, achieving 99% success rate on sales enquiries.
- Professional, friendly, telephone manner – 99% purchase a service before phone call ends
- Ideas orientated
- Problem solving
- Very resourceful, with excellent broad network of contacts – if I can’t I will know someone who can
- Honest and trustworthy
- Easy going and easy to get along with
- Always happy to help
- Putting clients at ease, particularly during training and CV consultations.
I enjoy helping others, am proud to see the results of my work with my clients, and making a real difference.
I am also a long-standing volunteer and previously a Trustee for Uckfield Volunteer Centre, and have always done volunteering roles over the years.
I am co-author of Memoirs of a WAAF & Time of My Life (Kindle version). A true story about Daphne Dangerfield’s time in the WAAF (my Mum). Sadly my dear Mum passed away in May 2017, so this book and all the memories of creating it are naturally precious to me. The book sold out, but thankfully I kept a signed copy. It brings a big lump to my throat and tears to my eyes when I remember, and probably always will.
In 2017 I started ‘Business Support Uckfield’ a Facebook group to support local small businesses, which is steadily growing.
Lastly at the start of 2018, I became a proud ‘contributor’ to Uckfield Matters magazine.
Email me to enquire further
Or call 01825 761890