I started my business in 1995 (then VA Sussex), alongside bringing up our family. Then when my husband was made redundant, and start his own business too, we both learnt how to set up, build and run a business.
Now my business has evolved considerably and I am completely self-taught. Everything I do has led to the success I have achieved today. So now I am helping other business owners get their name out there and secure more clients.
I have a varied portfolio of clients from a wide range of industries, from sole traders to small businesses wanting to improve their marketing. Some female clients prefer to deal with a woman and many prefer to ‘support local’, which I do myself.
Fortunately I have built up an enviable skill set over the years, enabling me to offer an extensive range of quality services. My core skills are:
- Website copywriting and editing (writing engaging, persuasive words for business)
- Writing copy for SEO, enabling websites to achieve page one of searches
- Excellent, resourceful problem-solver. If I don’t know the answer I will ‘Google it’ or find it via my wide network of contacts.
- Experienced in raising profiles via Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Face-to-face computer training on many subjects.
- Building effective colleague relationships.
- Friendly, professional telephone manner, achieving 99% success rate on sales enquiries.
- Professional, friendly, telephone manner – 99% purchase a service before phone call ends
- Ideas orientated
- Very resourceful, with
excellentbroad network of contacts – if I can’t I will know someone who can
- Honest and trustworthy
- Easy going and easy to get along with
- Always happy to help
- Putting clients at ease, particularly during training and CV consultations.
I enjoy helping others, am proud to see the results of my work with my clients, and making a real difference.
I am also a long-standing volunteer and previously a Trustee for Uckfield Volunteer Centre, and have always done volunteering roles over the years.
In 2017 I started ‘Business Support Uckfield’ a Facebook group to support local small businesses, which is steadily growing.
Follow can me on social media @sjedwardswriter
Get started today!
Or call 01825 761890