Free 1-1 Computer Training Courses
at Uckfield Volunteer Centre
Or your home / office (charge)
Want to learn how to use Word, the internet or other software?
Let us help
Learn at your own pace, with friendly, helpful tutors, either Sue or Neil, all on a one to one basis.
Prefer to learn in your own home or office? No problem, Sue will come to you if you live in or near Uckfield (charge applies), and within the timescale that suits you (during office hours). Ask for details.
Please note this is only suitable for desktop PCs, laptops and tablets. We do not give tuition on Macs or ipads.
We will cover:
We are very flexible, so the subject matter for each course is entirely up to you. This way we will cover everything that you need to know, without wasting your time.
- Word and Excel – how to create straightforward documents.
- Gmail – how to set it up, use it effectively, file important emails and add a signature (particularly for your business).
- The Internet: what browsers to use, save favourite pages, safe purchasing online with Paypal etc.
- Pictures – how to download and keep
- Paint – how to use
- Various programs like Skype & Dropbox – how to download and use it.
- Filing – how to create, organise and re-name files in Word.
- Social media – how to create a profile on Facebook an Twitter and use it for business or pleasure.
- Linkedin – how to create an account or update a current profile for your business, increase your network of contacts and gain business.
………….don’t see what you need, just ask!
Please note that our courses are intended for beginners and improvers and will not include in-depth or specialist tuition.
Your first session is free (see below) and can cover many basic elements. If you want further tuition on a Thursday at the Centre, or you need more advanced tuition, there will be a charge, please ask for details or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One to one, at your own pace – unlike many other courses, ours are only on a one to one basis.
- At your own pace – we will be guided by you and how readily you feel you can absorb information.
- FREE – there is no course tuition fee for the first half hour. After that we ask for a donation to the centre of whatever you can afford.
- In your own home or office – if you are not able to come to us at the Volunteer Centre Sue will come to you at home or your office if you live in or near Uckfield (charge applies).
- Experienced – we have taught a variety of age groups, from students in their 20’s to retired folk in their 90’s!
Sessions are run on an hourly basis. One hour at a time is usually enough! There is no set timescale, so you don’t need to book a block of sessions unless you want to. If you only want to book a one-off session, that’s fine.
A FREE introductory session (only a £5 donation requested – or more if you wish!) is available at Uckfield Volunteer Centre any Thursday from 1-4pm. Booking is essential.
Book your first session today
Call Sue (01825) 761890
or email email@example.com